Re: Survey results

hi,

I've used Windows Commander for a few months. It is not better. Nor could I
mention any function which is lacking in MC (although I'm not sure about
proxy support in MC, since I've never used it).

The new functions in Win.Comm 5.11 are:

Two file windows side by side
-> pathetic
Multiple language support
-> pfff we have that for years
Enhanced search function
-> I'm not impressed, does it panelize?
Compare files / synchronize directories
-> duh
Quick View panel with bitmap display
-> errrr, right. that for one isn't going to happen in MC (especially not on linux console) Although aalib
could be applied.
ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
-> Our transparent system could in principle work on all of these. does .cab work already?
Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
-> Do we have proxy support?
Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
-> sounds useless
New: WinXP support, background transfer manager, TAR+GZ packer
-> Actually, is MC usable in windows at all?
And many more!
-> sure

Anyway, windows commander could never "be better" since it is *shareware*.
<bweegh>

Steef

Mathieu Roy <yeupou gnu org>@gnome.org on 09/30/2002 10:17:37 AM

Sent by:  mc-admin gnome org