FtpFS problem

Hello, everybody.

I have a problem with the ftpfs, or rather with the way midnight
commander handles ftp connections. The problem is the following.

When I connect to a directory on a server, mc requests the
directory listing for the directory to which I go, and for the
directory 2 levels up, which causes the following problem: I
connect to my school's ftp server, the space on which is
organized the following way: my directory has an address which
looks something like this:
.../somename/users/d/dmorozo
When I connect to the server at this path (i.e., my "directory
path" looks something like
/#ftp:username:password ftp myschool edu/..../somename/users/d/dmorozo),
when I look at the logs, it requests listing for .../d/dmorozo/
and for .../somename/users/), that's not a problem. The problem
arises when I try to go to one of my subdirectories, which then
requests the listing for ..../d/dmorozo/subdir/ and also for
.../somename/users/d/ which presents a problem as there are like
1000 people with the first name that starts with d, which
freezes mc for a minute or two. That's very annoying, especially
since I never needed the listing for .../users/d/. Any way to
disable this request for the listing of the directory two levels
up? Any recommendations on what I can do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dmitriy

--