Re: MC not exiting to current directory

Hello!

I have just installed MC-4.5.54 and I noticed that when I exit MC, it does
not leave me in the directory that was last being viewed.  This was the
default behaviour with MC that was included with RedHat.  Is there an option
somewhere to make that happen?

It's actually documented in the manual (man mc).  The option is called
"-P" - print last directory.  Normally you define a function that calls mc
with this option and then changes the directory to the output of MC.

RedHat packages put mc.sh and mc.csh to /etc/profile.d, so that they are
loaded automatically when you login.  You can put those files to
/etc/profile.d by hand or you can load mc.sh from ~/.bash_profile

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin