Re: Help testing the pre-release of mc-4.8.18

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016, Andrey Tataranovich wrote:

I think that must have the same underlying reason as this ticket:

http://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/3406

... do you have the same issue with 4.8.17, i.e. is this a regression, or an old bug? In any case, I've just tried it, and for me it works fine.

I'm sorry. I have rechecked and find that cyrillic names do not lead to this issue but a broken symlink that points to currently unavailable location.

Try to create broken symlink and view this directory via SFTP.

Okay, so that's really the old #3406 bug...

I couldn't find any ticket re. zoo listing on the Trac. Could you please make one with a reproducer? If it's not a regression, this won't be a priority, but it would be nice to fix it for the next release.

I have created ticket for this issue: https://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/3696

Thank you very much! One day, we'll get to it. Hopefully.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev