[bug #21524] Dangerous unpacking (disk full is not reported, unpacked files become corrupt)

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #21524 (project mc):

Well. I'm not really familiar in perl.
But as your example shows, here obviously _bash_ reports the error instead of
unzip. If you modify the script to detect bash errors too, that would be OK.
But imho unzip's disk-full detection is much better, because it deletes the
partly unpacked file and so on.
But I'm sure that uzip/urar ... can corrupt my files, because it did :-(

A bit off here: IMHO the whole /tmp stuff should be dropped from VFS (that is
a big speed and disk limitation).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?21524>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/