Re: [bug #14815] mishmashed presentation of files that owner/group contains spaces (with fish)

Hi Roland,

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 11:14 +0000, Piotr Siudak wrote:
> contains spaces (with fish)

> if file owner or group name contains space(' ') fish gets lost while geting
> list of files
>
> mc presents local file correctly, but while connected to localhost ("shell
> connection") filelist is filled with entries like:
> '11:54 filename' instead of 'filename'

Sorry I haven't had time to look into your patch, but does it fix this
behaviour? A match that the parsed field is indeed the file size (i.e. a
number) could be implemented. That however would be an ad hoc approach
that would go against your more generalized approach. And it would still
not avoid corner cases where the group name ends in a space followed by
a number.

It's just rather tricky to parse a plain string. Any ideas on how to
work around this? Is it possible to get different ls-es from the
different servers to find out more about where the different fields we
try to parse end?

Leonard.