Re: GNOME News - Progress and Plans

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 05:37:15PM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> On 03/01/2012 04:36 PM, Olav Vitters wrote:
> >As long as it is on there within 24 hours, all is fine.
>
> I don't understand.
>
> Is this a requirement you'd like to suggest for the news site? That
> all emails sent to announcement lists get syndicated to the main
> GNOME news feed? Or are you just stating an expectation that you
> have?

Currently http://news.gnome.org/ syndicates devel-announce-list and so
on. So people interested in GNOME development can just follow the
website and don't have to subscribe to a mailing list (high barrier).

"GNOME News" will replace the URL, so then our GNOME development news
needs a place somewhere.

> I don't want to misunderstand you, so please do let me know if we've
> got crossed wires. I definitely do not think that we should push all
> announcement emails to the news site. Some announcements are news
> (that is, relevant to people other than GNOME hackers), many are
> not. And people who want to get the announcement emails have an easy
> way to do it - subscribing to the announcement lists.

But that you only get people to know about development who take effort
to figure out that something like devel-announce-list exists.

> The news site should provide a compelling reading experience to both
> regular readers and casual readers. Can tell me where announcement
> emails fit into that, please?

I find GNOME development mails interesting.

--
Regards,
Olav