Website - Pending content tasks

Hi,

I thought it would be useful to make a summary of content status so
that people willing to help can know how they can help now. Here are
some comments per-section:

About:
- Main page has a too long intro
- Content pretty much "ok" (it's what we have in the current website anyway)
- History page could use a bit longer intro, content is ok, a final
review would be nice.
- Foundation page is ok, a final review would be nice. Still missing a
call for action in the end.

Download:
- Main page looks ok, a final review would be nice.
- Distributions page is a bit outdated. Someone needs to check the
data and update it accordingly with latest GNOME releases.
- Installation page has a too long intro. Has a lot of TODO items in
the shown data. Needs volunteers.
- Live Images content looks mostly ok,  a final review would be nice.
Has a TODO item about Bittorrents.
- GNOME apps on Windows still needs content. Needs volunteers.
- GNOME apps on Mac still needs content. Needs volunteers.
- Latest Sources needs intro. Has a bunch of TODO items. Needs volunteers.

Support:
This sections needs a lot of love. Someone needs to step up, figure
out what should go in this section. IIUC, it's supposed to have a
support page for Developers, Users, Companies and Admins but we don't
have any of those yet. Definitely needs volunteers.

Community:
- Main page has a too long intro. Content looks mostly ok, a final
review would be nice.
- User groups has some important TODO items. Needs volunteers.
- Participate content is mostly ok, a final review would be nice. It
has a couple TODO items. Needs volunteers.
- Friends of GNOME page has no content yet. Needs volunteers.
- Sponsors page has no content yet. Needs volunteers.

Contact:
- Main page has too long intro. Content could improve a bit. Needs volunteers.
- Press has mostly good content, needs some review. Mentions some
outdated sections of the website. Needs volunteers.
- Foundation page is empty. Needs volunteers.

As you can see, I skipped front page and products page. This is
intentional. I'd like us to focus on the simple content parts
initially and then move on to the "tricky" ones.

If you want to work on one of the pending things, let us know so that
we avoid having duplicate work. Keep in mind that the goal here is to
reach a point where we have a releasable website. We can always
improve and reorganize the content later. So, having the same content
than current website is not necessarily a bad thing. Of course we
should take this chance to improve the content in general but "getting
things done" has a high priority now.

Cheers!

--lucasr