Re: Friends of GNOME

Hi, Stormy and I were talking in IRC in #marketing a few weeks ago,
and I suggested we might want to make the badges available on the
thank you page similar to how the EFF does it with the code for the
user to copy / and paste (http://www.eff.org/badges).

I wasn't sure how to create a patch, but I did update the HTML to make
it look similar to the EFF page above by adding a textarea with the
code for the user.  File is attached.

If there is interest in changing the page, please review to make sure
my HTML is correct (worked locally for me) and someone with gnome-web
access could commit.

I also fixed a typo, as the page currently reads:

Add one of those banners to your website:

I changed it too:

Add one of these banners to your website:

Let me know if any changes need to be made.

Thanks.

Paul

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Lucas Rocha <lucasr gnome org> wrote:
> Hey Shaun,
>
> 2009/1/14 Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>:
>> A big thanks to everybody who worked on revamping our Friends of
>> GNOME pages.  I did some proofreading and made some improvements.
>> Patch attached.  I also want to bring a few things to the attention
>> of the list:
>
> Patch commited, thanks!
>
>> 1) The thank-you page suggests subscribing to foundation-list to
>> get updates.  I think foundation-announce-list is more appropriate
>> for updates.  Stormy mentioned on IRC possibly suggesting multiple
>> lists, saying she'd like to encourage people to get more involved.
>> I think that's a good idea.
>
> Linking to gnome-announce now. I agree it's a good idea to suggest
> multiple lists. I'm just not sure which are the actually useful ones
> (besides gnome-announce).
>
>> 2) The page to print to send in a payment by check has different
>> friends levels than the front page.  I suspect this page wasn't
>> even updated.  Not only are the levels different, but it says the
>> framed foot will be signed by TigerT & Miguel de Icaza, instead
>> of the Board of Directors.
>
> Oops. We'll update it asap.
>
>> 3) Also on the check page, the "YES!" checkbox is above the friend
>> levels.  This feels very awkward, because the preceding sentence
>> introduces the friend level, ending with a pretty little colon.
>> Putting something between that sentence and the list of levels
>> feels very awkward.
>
> I don't follow. Which "YES!" are refering to?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --lucasr
> --

Title: Become a Friend of GNOME!

Thank your for your donation to the GNOME Foundation

Dear Friend of GNOME,

Thank you so much for your donation to the GNOME Foundation. Your generous support makes it possible for the GNOME Foundation to continue to develop free and open source software for the world. GNOME provides free software that is used in personal desktops, computers for children, cell phones, and even medical equipment like breast cancer scanners. People like you make this possible.

Your contribution makes it possible for the GNOME Foundation to support the GNOME project in its mission to provide free and open source software for people like you.

Thank you again for your support. If you'd like to receive news on our efforts, please subscribe to the GNOME Foundation Announcements mailing list.

Sincerely,

Stormy Peters
Executive Director

Spread the word about Friends of GNOME

Add one of these banners to your website:

Friends of GNOME

Cut and paste this code for the image above:
Friends of GNOME

Friend of GNOME Monthly Donor

Cut and paste this code for the image above:
Friend of GNOME Monthly Donor

Friend of GNOME Associate

Cut and paste this code for the image above:
Friend of GNOME Associate

Friend of GNOME Sponsor

Cut and paste this code for the image above:
Friends of GNOME Spnosor

Friend of GNOME Philanthropist

Cut and paste this code for the image above:
Friends of GNOME Philanthropist

Cut and paste this code for the image above:
Friends of GNOME Lover

Cut and paste this code for the image above:
Support