Re: Because you have better stuff to do than fixing your computer

> I think it's a good idea to be positive about the GNOME life, but I
> think it's best to be more direct about that. An ad that's all about how
> bad Windows is would not be as effective as an add that's all about how
> good GNOME is.
>
> People know that Windows is crappy and frustrating. If we can get the
> "just works" and "I can do cool stuff" and "My life is good" ideas
> across, I think people will make the comparison without us spelling it
> out for them.
Agreed. Indeed "Windows is cr*p" approach is more like Apple adds for
iMac ('Hi! I'm PC (!)) adds. It's better to present GNOME as a solution
for general computer user annoyances for generic tasks or as an
environment. I would be more interested in a slogan with "Instead of
working for your computer make it work for you" kind of notion.