Re: Some criticisms of GNOME

Hi, Tom!

if it would be really just the color issue your suggestion looks
straighforward.

But did you ever noticed that bad press was stopped by a reply?
Especially when a larger part of readers probably thinks there's some
truth in the critic?

A reply doesn't change behaviour so it doesn't fix the problem if
there's one. And, on the internet, it will make people believe their
comments will be read, and used. If that doesn't happen, it will just
lead to more frustration.

For example, the editor mail reads "I have ideas if you're interested."
Cool. If we don't ask for his ideas we're just a bunch of idiots that
won't listen. If we ask for his suggestion, but don't implement them,
we're a bunch of idiots that can't fix things even if the 'obvious'
solutions are given to them.

A reply will also look like a weak excuse for assumed errors (true or
not). The option of blogging about the critic will a) make the replier
look arrogant because it changed the place of discussion, and b) will
make replies inconsistant and weak.

And it will trigger more (bad) press because the press likes conflicts.

You can't win a discussion with a journalist.

Cheers,
Claus