Re: need help with OSCON track.

> On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 10:56, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:
>
> > Do we have some canned presentations on GNOME that one could give?  My
> > manager finally gave approval for me to attend so I find myself struggling
> > to figure out what kind of tutorial or track that might be interesting.
>
> Have you read this?
> http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog/contents/2003/12/19-oscon/read

I have not.  But I'm glad you've pointed it out to me.  I'll definitely
give a look-a-see.

> If you want to give a general style of tutorial about what bits make up
> GNOME and how they fit together, please feel free to reuse (either
> verbatim or in modified format) the slides I made for linux.conf.au

Cool.  I might just do that.  Thanks.  I feel much more comfortable about
the whole thing.

> (http://www.gnome.org/~malcolm/lca-2004). The slides as they are on that
> site comfortably filled a two and a half hour tutorial, which included
> about twenty minutes of demonstrations of various things and a lot of
> ongoing questions.

Great!  Maybe approaching GNOME from a sysadmin perspective might be an
interesting angle too.

> Somewhat related, I have been promised a write-up from the guys who did
> the GNOME booth at Solutions Linux last week. Hopefully we can collect
> together a few things like that to help ease the process of having
> booths at conferences (although I realise you have done this sort of
> thing before, Sri. My comment is more in the way of a general thing).

Right, and I think I did a dump of my experiences. My experiences was
particurly bad because of relative timeframes of OSCON and GUADEC.  So,
essentially what we need to do here is to have an action plan before all
these conferences come together so we all know what to do.

So by April or so, I'd like to make sure that what I need to have taken
care of is well understood.

> > O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 26 - January 30.
> > http://www.oreilly.com/conferences
>
> My main observation is that that is a very long conference. Will you be
> in attendance for the entire five months? :-)

Sure, if those Star Wars folsk can do it, so can I! :-)

s/January30/July 30/g

<grin>

sri