Re: need help with OSCON track.

Hi Sri,

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 10:56, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:

> Do we have some canned presentations on GNOME that one could give?  My
> manager finally gave approval for me to attend so I find myself struggling
> to figure out what kind of tutorial or track that might be interesting.

Have you read this?
http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog/contents/2003/12/19-oscon/read

That page is Edd Dumbill's idea of things he thinks may be appropriate.

If you want to give a general style of tutorial about what bits make up
GNOME and how they fit together, please feel free to reuse (either
verbatim or in modified format) the slides I made for linux.conf.au
(http://www.gnome.org/~malcolm/lca-2004). The slides as they are on that
site comfortably filled a two and a half hour tutorial, which included
about twenty minutes of demonstrations of various things and a lot of
ongoing questions.

> OSCON's deadline is today at midnight and I would like to have something
> at least a tutorial.  While I'm thinking about it, it would be nice if
> someone who has done this before could help me out with materials.
>
> Secondly, I will probably be doing a booth at OSCON like I did last time.
> But hopefully a lot better organized. :-)

Somewhat related, I have been promised a write-up from the guys who did
the GNOME booth at Solutions Linux last week. Hopefully we can collect
together a few things like that to help ease the process of having
booths at conferences (although I realise you have done this sort of
thing before, Sri. My comment is more in the way of a general thing).

> Anyways, any direction would be very helpful.  Thanks.
>

> About OSCON:
>
> O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 26 - January 30.
> http://www.oreilly.com/conferences

My main observation is that that is a very long conference. Will you be
in attendance for the entire five months? :-)

Cheers,
Malcolm