[libxml++] handling tabs

Hello,

I have a question on tabs control under libxml++. I am using libxml++ for a module of an application, and the problem is, at the parsing time of .xml files, wich contain white spaces (tabs mostly), the DomParser treats those as nodes.
I want to be able to "skip" the white spaces at the parsing time (tabs), in other words, the content of a node read from the xml file by the domparser should NOT contain a tab (\t).
I read in the libxml manual that this is possible at the application level, and I think is  a little more vague.

Can anybody help me in this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Anca

Yahoo! Photos