RE: [libxml++] using throw() in function declaration

> From: Christophe de Vienne [mailto:cdevienne alphacent com]
> Hi all,
>
> While discussing about his patch with Eric, we remarked that
> some functions in
> libxml++ declare which exceptions may be raised (in Document
> for example),
> and some others not.
> I consider that this is inconsistent. Either we do it for all
> of them, either
> not at all.
> In my opinion we shouldn't do it. Before correcting it this
> way I'd like to
> have some other opinions.
>
> Please tell me if you think we should :
>
> 1. Do not use throw in function declaration
> or
> 2. Use it.

By the way, here's the link to the bug discussion:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=769830&group_id=129
99&atid=312999

The comment about the failure when the standard library throws an exception
seems important.

Personally I've never really figured out a policy for this, but I'm sure
there are some documents on the web about it. It would be nice to find out
the consensus of C++ coders on this these days.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net