Re: setting a http proxy in libsoup

Second things first:
>     haithem rahmani wrote:
>     > Hi all,
>     >
>     > Sorry I my question was already discussed.
>     > I'm trying to learn how to use libsoup,
>     > I'm using the version 2.26.0
>     >
>     > I compiled the get.c test but when runing it as follows:
>     > ./get  -p <mylogin>:<mypasswor>@192.168.1.1
>     > http://www.google.com
>     > I got the following error  message
>     >
>     > /: 2 Cannot resolve hostname

My bad. The problem here seems to be that "get -p" requires a URI, so
you'd need to say:

    ./get -p http://USER:PASSWORD 192 168 1 1 http://www.google.com

not just

    ./get -p USER:PASSWORD 192 168 1 1 http://www.google.com

haithem rahmani wrote:
> sorry for not being clear from the beginning, after inverstigations I've
> found that
> the libsoup does not support the "http_proxy" feature when compiled
> with the option '--without-gnome"

It does not support *automatic* proxy detection via libproxy when using
--without-gnome, but manual proxy setting (via the
SOUP_SESSION_PROXY_URI property on SoupSession, which is what "get -p"
uses) still works. So you'd have to read $http_proxy yourself and then
manually set the proxy-uri property on the session.

-- Dan