[sigc] example1

I tried to compile "simple example" in the tutorial using the pkgconfig
command and the file provided for it. As under cygwin as under kubuntu,
it gives me the same problem with compiling. Thoroughly the
installation of the library(libsigc++2.0) has comen out without any
problems, and also the tests has been all passed. How do I can make a
simple compilation as for the hello_world example without using that
big makefile as in the example directory?
Many Thanks.