libseed-list Gtk.window.signal.destroy, Gtk.window.signal.hide or does it matter?

I have been using window.signal.hide.connect(Gtk.main_quit); to destroy
Gtk windows when the destroy event is emitted ( x in pressed in
decoration / Alt F4 is pressed?) as it was getting used in the Seed
Examples and on other websites. There was a post on my blog saying that
window.signal.destroy.connect(Gtk.main_quit); can be used as well.

I've tried both commands and they perform the same behaviour. Is this
just a simple quirk as a possible bug as when destroying a window,  a
hide event shouldn't be emitted?