[LaTeXila] Colour of Symbols with dark Gtk Theme

Hello!

I recently stumbled upon a usability issue shared by each and every LaTeX editor I tried: All symbols in the side pane (Greek letters, relations, arrows, ...) are always black regardless of the background colour of the side pane. This issue renders the symbol picking feature virtually useless. I would like to propose auto-inversion of the symbols based on the background colour of the side pane. The Pixbuf [1] class does not seem to have this feature, though this should not be a limitation since there are other ways to accomplish the desired effect.
This would make LaTeXila the only LaTeX environment usable with dark themes!

What do you think is the best way to accomplish this (if feasible)?

best regards,
Bernd Prünster