Re: [LaTeXila] New logo idea

On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 03:39:30PM +0100, Bernd Prünster wrote:
> On 03/04/2012 03:28 PM, Mike Gray wrote:
> > The reason I made the logo so serious looking was because I figured
> > that was the kind of people that would use it. Rather than looking for
> > something fun, a professional would be attracted toward something more
> > modern. I'll admit, even I was discouraged from installing the program
> > when I saw the logo.
>
> Same here! I like LaTeXila very much, but the logo is kinda repelling (I
> use the Faenza Icon for .tex Files as Icon)

The current icon and logo are different, that's a problem too.

I prefer keeping a reference to the tequila in the logo, but for the
icon it's difficult to have at the same time a reference to the tequila
(e.g. a glass) and another reference to documents (e.g. lines of text).

So I think a good compromise is to have a professional, modern icon.
And a logo a little bit more funny (with a glass for example).

And anyway, the leaf is already an indirect reference to the tequila:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agave_tequilana

But a leaf of an agave is less wide than in the new logo.