Re: [LaTeXila] Bug in Ubuntu Beta Builds?

Hello,

Le mercredi 11 janvier 2012 à 02:40 +0100, Philipp Specht a écrit :
> On 11.01.2012 02:33, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
> > With the version from from the PPA, does it always crash with a
> > segfault? Or does it crash only randomly?
> Every time at startup, before even showing the window. Takes maybe 1
> second from pressing Enter to the segfault.
>
> > Anyway, thanks for the backtrace from GDB, it was really useful to
> > locate in the code where the bug occurs (although the debug information
> > were not installed).
> Couldn't find debug header for the 2.3.0 PPA build, if you'd point me to
> a download location, I'll check that out tomorrow and post another
> backtrace.

The same package is waiting to build with debugging symbols on this ppa:
        ppa:matttbe/experimental-debian-build

But it seems you've to wait for at least 45h :)

But you can easily rebuild it by yourself:
        $ sudo apt-get install build-essential fakeroot gdb devscripts
        $ sudo apt-get build-dep latexila ## deb-src for our testing ppa
        should be enable
        $ mkdir build_latexila && cd build_latexila
        $ dget -u
        https://launchpad.net/~matttbe/+archive/experimental-debian-build/+files/latexila_2.3.0-1%7Eoneiric%7Eppa1.dsc
        $ cd latexila-2.3.0
        $ dpkg-buildpackage
        $ cd ..
        $ sudo dpkg -i latexila*.deb ## don't forget to remove all
        previous versions (compiled by yourself or not ;) )
        ## now you can launch 'gdb latexila' and give us the output of
        'bt full'

Thank you
Matt