Re: Have Opera Mail plugin (contacts, send email)

2010/5/20 Chris Parsons <cjparsons1 yahoo co uk>:

> Based on the Opera bookmark plugin and the Claws mail plugin, and very
> little extra effort, I've made a plugin for Opera Mail that catalogues
> contacts and allows e-mails to be composed. It ignores contacts in the
> "deleted" folder. I didn't (couldn't) implement the "send file as
> attachment" action.
>
> If this is interesting to others, let me know the best way of submitting the
> file.
>
> Chris Parsons

If it's useful it is probably worth submitting. If you want to include
it in Kupfer, then we in the mailing list are going to ask you to fix
any issues or bugs before it's included in Kupfer. Since it's based on
an existing plugin, there are probably not so many.

There are contributor guidelines and tips to read in the manual:

http://kaizer.se/wiki/kupfer/Manual/#guidelines-and-policy

    You can clone git from its official repository at git.gnome.org,
    see:

        http://git.gnome.org/browse/kupfer/

    You can structure your changes into a series of commits in git. A
    series of well disposed changes is easy to review. Write a
    sufficient commit log message for each change. Do not fear writing
    down details about why the change is implemented as it is, if there
    are multiple alternatives. Also, if you forsee any future
    possibilites or problems, please describe them in the commit log.

    It is not easy to write good commit messgages, because writing is an
    art. It is however essensial, and only by trying it, can you
    improve.

    You may publish your changes by sending an email to the mailing
    list, <kupfer-list gnome org>. You can attach your changes as
    patches, or you may also just attach a link to your published git
    repository.

    You can find kupfer's git repository in github.com and fork it
    there, for easy publication of your changes.

    If you suggest your changes for inclusion into Kupfer, make sure you
    have read the whole Guidelines and Policy chapter of this manual.
    And take care to structure your changes, do not fear asking for
    advice. Good Luck!

The github URL not mentioned in the text is:
http://github.com/engla/kupfer

For a new plugin you don't need more than one commit to introduce the
plugin, no need to break it up more than that.

Also if emailing, sending the plugin as a whole file instead of the file
as a patch is also ok.

Ulrik