Re: [jokosher-devel] Jokosher won't launch after r764.

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 02:26:25AM -0400, Laszlo Pandy wrote:
> With the current revision of SVN, Jokosher fails to launch complaining
> about the inability to register a new GType. Lukas reported this on IRC
> and its really bizarre. I spent some time figuring out how to fix it,
> but I still have no clue why it happened in the first place:

Damn. Sorry to have wasted anyone's time with this. I did mention the new
dependency in the commit log but perhaps I should have said it here as well.
I suppose just because I always read them I shouldn't assume everyone else
does. The actual error seems bizarre and unrelated though. I'd have expected
it to fail importing pkg_resources.

Another thing. I intend writing up the egg stuff in the wiki but it's my
son's birthday bash this weekend so in case I don't get around to it I
attach the files for my HelloWorld extension. You can run it by copying the
.egg file in the dist/ sub-dir to ~/.jokosher/extensions. The main
difference from the current extensions we have is that you can't access
files in the package directly as files but instead instead you use
pkg_resources functions. So we can use these to read the glade file into a
string and load the widget tree from that. The setup.py file has the stuff
we need build the egg (entrypoints is the key to loading it into jokosher -
you must use the same name that jokosher is looking for i.e.
"jokosher.extensions"). To build the egg it's just

python setup.py bdist_egg

Cheers

--
John Green