Re: [jokosher-devel] Run script for 0.2

Wow - sounds like a bit of a challenge :) Is it possible for us to build a
nominated version of gstreamer CVS as a deb package and downloading that.
Just trying to avoid the compile stage and apt-getting the gazillion dev
packages you need to build with.

I thought of this idea :)

I'd like to avoid that, but I can't think of a way of doing it. As far
as I'm aware, it's not easy to build a deb of gstreamer that is a
*private* gst install; we'd be replacing the system gstreamer, which
is a really bad idea (because if the CVS version we nominate has
regressions then we may break other gst apps like Totem and
Rhythmbox). We'd also have to provide not only debs but rpms and so on
as well (distribution of binaries on Linux is a pain in the arse, and
autopackage isn't ready enough yet).

sil

--
Abusus non tollit usum
(The threat of potential abuse should not be an argument against any