Re: GJS BOF: Day 1

FYI node-gtk is abandoned simply because Jasper St. Pierre had no time for it, not because of edge cases.

If any of you with C++ experience would like to help moving that project forward, I'd be happy to add you as contributor and maybe Jasper can still be somehow a supervisor, hoping it won't take too much time.

A previous attempt that is also not maintained anymore is node-gir:
https://github.com/creationix/node-gir#node-gir

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Niv Sardi <x xaiki net> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 17 2016, philip chimento wrote:
[…]
> React Native
> ------------
> Niv is interested in this. Ubuntu published React Native for QT and someone
> else published a React Native proof of concept hack in GJS. (Links?)

https://github.com/andy128k/react-gtk-experiment

[…]
> Switching to a different engine
> Consensus seems to be that staying on mozjs is slightly unattractive but
> not overly objectionable. There has been lots of tricky GObject code
> written, solving weird cases bit by bit, and another engine would have a
> lot of catch-up to do; though probably if we were starting GJS now, it
> would be based on top of Node.

https://github.com/WebReflection/node-gtk

some work here, apparently it's what philip was saying, they are still
fixing gobject corner cases