Re: execute gyrus-python

Hi Germán,

El lun, 24-03-2008 a las 23:53 -0300, Germán Poó-Caamaño escribió:

> IMVHO, autotools is too painful for a Python program.
>
> distutils (well used) is supposed to be easier and safer:
> http://docs.python.org/dist/dist.html
>
> But I saw it was used previously.

Yes, distutils was used, but after an afternoon trying to set it up
correctly, I gave up. Other hackers in #gnome-hackers suggested the
scheme used by gnome-specimen. It looked sane, so I decided to give it a
try.

> setuptools are supposed to be even easier and safer
> than distutils:
>
> http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools
> http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs
> http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall

I'm very open to other setup systems. I didn't switch to autotools as a
definite measure, but actually as a way to clean up the complete mess
that the gyrus' source was. We can switch to something more python'ish
if there's interest and if the solution is at least as good as the
current setup, but I'm not personally going to work on that, so patches
are very appreciated.

Regards,

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>