Re: RFC: preview files

> One obvious question here is, if we define a preview attribute, it
> will probably be expected to be set for files which have a thumbnail
> in ~/.thumbnails, too ?

I don't think so. Thumbnails and preview files are quite different
concepts. Typically for the thumbnail you also want destructive data
added, like a pretty frame + shadow, a fixed size, fixed aspect ratio
and so forth. The preview stuff is supposed to more authentic.

FWIW, initially I thought of just setting thumbnail::path instead of
introducing the preview::* attributes - but then I realized that these
are in fact different concepts.

     David