[guppi-list] trying to install

I have recently installed redhat 7.0 on a dell 686.  I am interested in
getting guppi up and running on this platform as I have a financial
simulation language that runs in Linux and I'd like to pipe its output
into something that can produce graphical output.

I tried to download the .rpm version of Guppi and install it but one of
the the libraries was out of sync.  I think it was libreadline (not
sure, as I am typiing from home and the installation machine is at
work).  Guppi was looking for version .3 and the installed version was
.4.  I didn't think it was a good plan to try and go backwards in
version of the install libs so I tried to download the .gz file and
compile the source and install it. When running configure I got a
message that said GNOME-PRINT was not available so I found that,
downloaded and installed it.  The next time I ran the configure script
it appeared to get past the GNOME-PRINT problem although it still gave
some message about Unknown PRINT.  A few lines later in config, it died
on something needing version 0.8 (can't remember the name) I download
this something and installed version 0.9, however when I tried the
config in guppi it is still said that it needed version 0.8 or better.
Twas then time to go home.

Has anyone successfully installed Guppi under gnome environment which
comes with Redhat 7.0?  If so, help would be enormously appreciated.
Thanks very much.

David Aronstein