[guppi-list] recent CVS libguppitank won't compile

Somehow I have managed to get Guppi not to compile in my app (gnucash)
any more.  The guppi app and libs themselves all compile just fine,
but when I #include <libguppitank/guppi-tank.h> from my app I get the
following:

In file included from /usr/local/gnome/include/libguppi/guppi-attributes-xml.h:32,
                 from /usr/local/gnome/include/libguppi/guppi-data.h:34,
                 from /usr/local/gnome/include/libguppi/guppi-canvas-item.h:32,
                 from /usr/local/gnome/include/libguppitank/guppi-object.h:33,
                 from /usr/local/gnome/include/libguppitank/guppi-tank.h:30,
                 from gnc-html-embedded.c:29:
/usr/local/gnome/include/libguppi/guppi-context-xml.h:38: #error Neither xml header location.  Something is wrong.

(later, after some poking around)

I've fixed this compile problem by adding some extra XML stuff lifted
from guppi's configure.in to gnucash's, but should this be done
elsewhere during guppi's configure?  AFAICT it's not documented that
you have to define GNOME_XML_HEADER_VERSION_1 or 2 to compile guppi.
In fact gnucash had to address the same problem but we did it in a
slightly different way, so now we have 2 different solutions to the
same problem in our configure.in :(

Maybe guppi should spit this out on its gnome-config --cflags?  I'm
pretty ignorant of autoconf "style" so I'm not sure what the right
approach is.

Of course, now I'm getting the dreaded:

** CRITICAL **: file gnome-font-face.c: line 142 (gnome_font_face_new): assertion `fontmap != NULL' failed.

** CRITICAL **: file gnome-font.c: line 195 (gnome_font_new): assertion `face != NULL' failed.
I can't find the default fonts needed by Guppi.
In 99% of all cases, this means that there is a problem with
your installed version of gnome-print.

I guess I'll go after that now..

Thanks,
b.g.