Re: [guppi-list] Re: White-paper on ASCII import

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, John M. Wharington wrote:

> Something else that would be nice, along these lines, would be to
> not ignore comments but have the facility to read these as annotations
> to data, perhaps editable within guppi.

Nice. Guppi needs a simple data-editing feature, it doesn't have this yet.

> Thus it would be easy to label particular data points as outliers etc.,
> and have these points marked on graphs.
>
> I like the idea of being able to handle comments in the data files.
> I like to record with comments such info as the
> program that generated it, its version, and any data files that were
> used as the program's input.

Good stuff.

Guppi really needs load/save to XML. Once it has this it will be easy to
add new things to the Guppi-native file format, such as special graph
labels, comments, etc. We have the gnome-xml package to use for this, I
think it will be a priority for me once I reassemble the XY plot stuff.

Havoc