Re: [guppi-list] Re: White-paper on ASCII import

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Jon Trowbridge wrote:

> > In general, empty lines are always ignored.
>
> A nice Unixism that might be worth preserving would be to have
> lines preceeded by # also be ignored as comments.

Something else that would be nice, along these lines, would be to
not ignore comments but have the facility to read these as annotations
to data, perhaps editable within guppi.

Thus it would be easy to label particular data points as outliers etc.,
and have these points marked on graphs.

I like the idea of being able to handle comments in the data files.
I like to record with comments such info as the
program that generated it, its version, and any data files that were
used as the program's input.

John Wharington