[gugmasters] Report from LinuxTag 2008

Hi all,

I didn't see this come through the list, so I thought I might forward it on:

Tim Janik's report of the GNOME stand in LinuxTag, and the GNOME stream
on Saturday: http://blogs.gnome.org/timj/2008/06/02/02062008-linuxtag-2008/

There was a GPE stand and an OpenEmbedded stand with Florian Boor and
Nils Faerber:
http://fl0rian.wordpress.com/2008/05/31/linuxtag-2008-summary/

There was a GNOME track on Saturday (Saal Paris):
http://www.linuxtag.org/2008/en/conf/events/vp-samstag.html

vuntz was there:
http://www.vuntz.net/journal/2008/05/28/472-ich-bin-ein-berliner

So was Johannes Schmid:
http://blogs.gnome.org/johannes/2008/05/29/linuxtag-2008-berlin/

So was Damien Sandras (who I managed to miss): http://blog.ekiga.net/?p=89

Marius Gedminas of maemo attended the GNOME track too:
http://mg.pov.lt/blog/linuxtag-day-4.html

There was a maemo track also, on Thursday:
http://blogs.gnome.org/bolsh/2008/05/29/maemoorg-track-in-linuxtag/

Quim Gil's report & presentation:
http://flors.wordpress.com/2008/05/30/who-makes-the-maemo-community/
http://flors.wordpress.com/2008/06/01/maemo-linuxtag-update/

Here are my report & LinuxTag photos:
http://blogs.gnome.org/bolsh/2008/05/29/live-from-linuxtag/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bolsh/sets/72157605573208537/

There was a report on the conference on osnews:
http://www.osnews.com/story/4185

Any other LinuxTag GNOME-related resources out there I missed?

Oh - something has become clear to me with LinuxTag and Solutions Linux
this year - there are lots of GNOME people going to these things, but
they're all over the place! GPE, OpenEmbedded, maemo, OpenSuse, Fedora
Core, OpenSolaris, Debian, and yes, of course GNOME. It might be an idea
to try to band together a bunch of projects to get a really big space
which would be the GNOME sector, with maybe 7 or 8 projects together -
maybe even share the space with some of those community distros?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary