[gugmasters] Hi list

Hi guys,

First of all, I think this is a great idea and finally we have a quorum
where we can share ideas and experiences between local groups. Even when
local realities can differ from each other, we can always gain something
from this, so let's get the best of it!

I'm from Chile, I've been involved in the GNOME Chile community since
2004, including a break during part of the last and current years
because I was studying in Dresden, Germany. I am still an undergraduate
student and hack during my free time in EOG and other bits here and
there.

In Chile, I think one of the most valuables experiences we have are the
informal developers meetings, where we have met to do informal talks and
tutorials on how to hack with GTK+, how to contribute to GNOME, and
stuff like that. We've done like 10 meetings so far in different cities
in Chile. I once heard some guys from GNOME Deutschland were interested
in organizing similar meetings. I think our experience can be valuable
for them and for any other group willing to run similar efforts.

Also this year our community, with support from the GNOME Foundation,
organized 'D�GNOME', a whole day of talks and tutorials on GNOME
during the Chilean Linux Conference, which had a great audience (more
than 200 people). Having the same spirit than the informal meetings, but
counting with a huge audience thanks to the momentum of the Linux
Conference, I think this experience is far away the most successful we
have so far.

Best regards,

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>