Re: [gugmasters] Welcome!

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 09:00 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Welcome onto the list, Erik, Claudio, Sven, Murray, Josh, Vincent.
>
> I think it'd be a good idea to have introductions - for people joining
> the list, can you send a mail with a short bio - the user
> group/geographical area you're interested in, your position in the group
> (if you have one), and what you hope to get out of the list. If you want
> to put something in, and say what you've done over the last year too,
> then great :)
>
> Cheers,
> Dave.

Hi,

Well i'm Erik Snoeijs and am active in GNOME-NL, the dutch gnome
translation and promotion group. I really only do the promotion bit
though, i've been going to quite some congresses and such to man a stand
and show off the GNOME desktop.

The open source buzz hasn't hit corporate/small-mid sized companies in
the Netherlands much yet. And certainly not for desktop deployment.
Also finding ways to get active people in GNOME-NL to become physically
active is a daunting task.

What i expect from the list is two fold.
Both discussion on best practise and inspiration for marketing/promotion
as well as collaborations on GUG level projects. (a good example of such
a project would be the Gnome Event Box)

What i expect to bring to this list, is my opinion and the resources i
have too offer. I hope to occasionally come along with a good idea and
be available to 'get stuff done' (with a sledgehammer if needed)

My money job is webdeveloper/serveradmin for a small sized
webdevelopment/small print company.
Because i physically live quite some distance from my work this eats
into my free time a lot (think 50+ hour work week) which is annoying,
but not a big problem.