Re: [guadec-list] Organizing GUADEC 2012

Hi,
  • Draft call for sponsorship, call for paper documents etc
  • Share Sponsors' contact
  • Have regular meetings (usually IRC)
I'd like to return to having the GUADEC committee meet every two weeks on IRC, and start this coming Monday, 26 September, at 14:00 UTC. I'll email an agenda in a day or so, and would welcome suggestions for topics to discuss

Emily mentioned that she was the only person attending the IRC meetings from Asia, and that we might want to switch the time to one that's more convenient for the other members. I'm very interested in that; 14:00 UTC is a little early for me (7 AM California time), and it will change to 6 AM for me on 6 November. So please let me know if a later time, such as 16:00 UTC, would be a problem for you.
  • Focus on continually improving the process, including post-event reports.
I think this is great, and would like to contact the organizers of the recent DS to get their comments and suggestions. Is there somebody on the GNOME Foundation Board I should work with on that? Otherwise, I will plan to contact them directly.

Also, I'd like to start early on the bids process for 2014, and the big question for that is, of course, will 2014 be a GUADEC or a Desktop Summit? How is that decided, and when is that decision likely to be made?
  • The event committee would help with international sponsorship opportunities while the local team would likely focus more on local sponsorship opportunities.
This is also a great idea. The members of the GUADEC committee are located all over the globe, and have contact with many organizations who could be sponsors.

On a related note, I really like the Berlin DS Sponsorship Opportunities brochure, and I think we create do one like it for GUADEC 2012. It makes it very plain to potential sponsors what their options are, and what benefits they can get.

Best regards,
Bob Murphy

P.S. Are any of the folks on this list planning to attend the Montreal GNOME Summit? I will be there, and will be happy to buy you a beer or other beverage. :-)