Re: [guadec-list] USB Key data

----- "Karl Latimer" <karl qdh org uk> wrote:
> Does anybody know what else (except the calendar) is going onto the
> USB
> key, there has been talk of a linux distro.
>
> I was wondering about other crucial things like maps, local
> information
> eg. Restaurants, bars (where you don't get knifed), possibly a list
> of
> bars you *might* get knifed so we know to stay clear, inner city
> travel
> advice.

We'd love as much of that stuff as we can get - much of that is local info so is going to be hard to do from afar but anything that people can add would be welcome. I'm not sure in which format(s) this is wanted. Bastien is masterminding the USB key.

> Also maybe someone could put together a sort of social schedule, for
> the
> evenings with maybe two or 3 concurrent events going on. I was going
> suggest putting together a Gig Guide, but looking around in for gigs
> in
> birmingham that week mostly returns results for Micheal Bolton, which
> I'm sure (hope?) non of us are interested.

A gig guide would be good. Good place to look would be Birmingham Academy, but also comedy clubs (Gag club and Glee club to name but two), Classical stuff at the symphony hall, and theatre at the rep, alexandra, hippodrome.

Paul