[guadec-list] Accommodation

I did some research on accommodation options for GUADEC.

For sponsorees I think we should consider the Birmingham Etap. This is
one of those self service hotels from the Accor group. Its located
pretty close to the Conservatoire, 10/15 minutes walk.

The rooms are all triple occupancy, two bunks + double and are
�35/night. Breakfast is around �3 per person.

I spoke to the receptionist on the phone and they said they had plenty
space in July (i originally asked if they could do 20 rooms.) They might
also be able to do a reduced rate for a large group booking and
potentially we might be able to get a conference discount.

Its not the most luxury of hotels but each room has its own toilet &
shower.

This would also make sense for those travelling on a budget, we could
provide some assistance (e.g. a Wiki page) for those who want to group
up to share a room.

The Conservatoire is surrounded by hotels due to its central location, a
search on Google Maps UK for "hotels near Paradise Place, Birmingham B3
3HG" gives lots of hits.

Cheers,

Rob
--