Re: [guadec-list] International Day Idea

Hey Baris,

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 00:00 +0300, Baris Cicek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Last year, I had an idea about having a party, dinner or whatever which
> was about having some tastes from different cultures of the world.
> GUADEC has lots of people coming from different cultures, and I thought
> we should emphasize that. Quim was very open to that idea, but I wasn't
> sure if I could organize it that time.
>
> However, if Organization Committee might help me, I want to realize this
> event, this year.

We used to have the International Beer Day some years ago, but people
drank the beer on their way there, and there usually wasn't much to go
around (even in those days).

If you want to organise this yourself, go for it, but I'd be weary of 1)
bringing any "rural" food produces into Britain, 2) carrying something
around for nothing.

There's loads of "ethnic" restaurants and shops in big UK towns, and
Birmingham is no different. You're probably better off finding out about
those restaurants on http://www.yell.com and going there with some
friends once in Brum.

Cheers

--