Re: [guadec-list] WUW schedule

El dj 25 de 05 del 2006 a les 16:39 +0200, en/na Quim Gil va escriure:
> http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/WarmUpWeekend
>
> What if we have the local-regional meetings on Saturday morning and the
> tutorials in the afternoon.

It shouldn't be a problem to move the local-regional meeting to the
morning (for Sunday as well if you want).

>  It is possible that many people will come
> during Saturday morning, and the local-regional meetings have a type of
> session easier to integrate people as they come.

It's possible that if we do so, some of these meetings might just not
happen in Saturday, because people won't have yet met other people
interested in holding a local/regional meeting. Then it can also happen
that some people won't know what to do in the morning.

On the other hand, I feel we're already a bit late, and if we decide to
move those meeting to the morning, we should first agree with organizers
of other events like GUADEC-CA/ES or the minor languages track, because
this could interfere with their schedules. Iirc GUADEC-CA was organized
as a local meeting, and thus scheduled after lunch time.

Anyway, I think this might be a good idea that'll help warming
organizers and assistents up for the rest of the GUADEC.

We should also explain better what are those meetings supposed to be
for.

> Then more participants will be able to attend the tutorials in the
> afternoon.

There will definitely be more people on Saturday afternoon than in the
morning.

> And we will also have a softer accreditation process for the wave of
> people coming on Sat morning.

/Josep