Re: [guadec-list] Re: Printed program sprint

El ds 03 de 06 del 2006 a les 15:58 +0330, en/na Sara Khalatbari va
escriure:

> Sponsor List and ads

All the sponsors know that they have their space available, and we will
put their logo if we don't get their ads on time. Don't worry, all of
them know they need to deliver.

> Basic list of addresses and phone numbers
> Should be filled in
> We also need the addresses

I did that yesterday:
http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/PrintedContent/BasicAddPhone

> Quim told me that he'll give it soon.

I wrote one yesterday night, too long. I need to cut it... tonight.

> Novell - JP Rosevar is not replying!

Well, at some point is not our responsibility. I'll insist to all our
Novell contacts. Any Novell employee reading this? Help us.

> Banex  Quim, did you talked to them?

I insist one more time  :)  : you don't need to worry about them. At the
very end, is their responsibility.

> Is the link of all registered participants updated? Are they still
> registering? I have contacted all the group coordinator's once. I want
> to make sure there are no new groups.

The link you have points to a dynamic page. Every time a new individual
or group register the list gets updated. However, since you started your
work there was only one new individual professional, and I forwarded the
info to you. Again, we said weeks ago that professionals had to register
soon in order to appear in the printed program -
http://guadec.org/node/412 - so we don't have any obligation with new
professionals registered, say, today.

You can almost close the list, just leave as many spaces as Novell team
members (12 as far as I remmeber).

> WUW-Guadec Abst
> -----------------------------
> No info:
> Locale Time! BoF Meetings by Language

No additional info is needed in the printed program. We will provide
more info on the website. The title should be clear enough.

> GNOME Love Wall

Dave provided link.

About track speakers, if at this stage someone hasn't provided a bio,
just forget about him/her. They are all grownups we don't need to be
like their mothers. I can write this because I'm of the names on that
list and I will understand that no bio of me is in the program if I
haven't provided it on time. Why I haven't... is my problem, not yours.

> WUW - Minor Languages l10n Abst
> -----------------------------
> No link to any of them except: I18n for Everybody: Graphite, KMFL and
> Smart Fonts to Extend GNOME (by Daniel Glassey, Nicolas Spalinger)

I'll send a single email to the coordinator of this subforum CCing you.
But don't worry at all about them.

> AHW - Abst
> -----------------
> No info:
> BoF Time

It doesn't need more info. More infor is available in the online version
of the schedule. Maybe you want to add "Details on the online schedule"
or something like that.

> AHW Speakers:
> -----------------------
> Elijah Newren - Federico Mena

These two ones were added/confirmed yesterday, maybe they don't know
they need to provide you stuff?
> Antonio José Saenz (Guadalinex Keynoter) - Norbert Bilbeny (Catalan

I'll ping these two ones. Keynoters should have info, yes.

> Who is amirabete (http://guadec.org/user/248) ?

He is just the person who submitted the session, but it's not the
speaker. I requested him yesterday by phone the info of the speaker. He
knows it needs to be provided urgently. Again, if they don't provide it
on time, you can leave the session without speaker.

I recommend you to subscribe to
http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/Schedule , where some of the issues you
are finding are tracked there.

> 1. Keynote: Big GNOME Deployments: the GnuLinEx and Guadalinex Use
> Cases (by Antonio José S?enz and José ?ngel D?az)

In English, like all the Core sessions. (this is why I recommended to
Behnam to drip this field. Developer point of view like all the sessions
held during the Developer day (this is why I recommended to Behnam to
drop this one as well). Type of session: keynote.  :)

> &
> 2. Keynote: Free Software at Sun Microsystems (by Simon Phipps)

English. Client. Keynote.

> 1. The thing that I'm most concerned about is the WUW 'Minor Languages
> l10n' talks.

Then the good news is that you can completely forget about them and just
leave the information found in the online schedule.

> 2. There's also NO INFORMATION on GUADEC-ES/CA  talks, no abstracts,
> no links. How shall we include them in the printed program? Just the
> Schedule is enough?

Same thing. GUADEC-ES/CA coordinators are subscribed to this list and
they know what's going on. If they don't provide details on time, what
can we do. I assume you or Josep as WUW coordinator have sent emails
requesting the infor to Lluís Sánchez (GUADEC-CA coordinator) and Chema
Casanova & Rodrigo Moya (GUADEC-ES contacts).

> I have pinged the 'no info' guys so many times & there's still no
> answer.

Then you have done more than enough, forget about them and feel free to
fix yourself a deadline like Monday to reject any infor you get after
that point.

> Please help up in gathering the needed information. Otherwise it will
> be left blank in the printed program :(.

This is not a big problem.

From all your points I think we only need to do something actively about
the keynoters. The rest is up to the respective sources of information.
We can't compromise the production of the whole printed program because
of them, and they have always guadec.org to add more information about
their sessions and themselves.