Re: [guadec-list] 30/jan #guadec meeting log

En/na David Neary ha escrit:

>> (21:23:23) qgil: Apparently Dave is not that happy about the outcome of
>> this board in previous years
>

> ? What am I unhappy about?

The context: Gman was saying that the brochure was not that relevant and
we have some assured sponsors from the advisory board. I tried to
explain that i.e. you thought that more funds could be get from the/some
advisory board members and that, anyway, we need to find sponsors
elsewhere. The brochure is useful for this reason, to market new
sponsors but also the advisory members themselves.

>> (21:32:26) qgil: since nobody from the board has answered yet on
>> accounting / money
>

> Didn't I answer?

Ok, maybe IC language is too black/white. Qestions relating about my
personal economy are quite clear now, and I still need to deliver a
budget. Major questions relating to the economy of the whole event like
bank account(s) to be used and accounting tasks are unanswered.

Maybe we need someone from the board being officially responsible for
accounting related questions until we get an accountant?

>> (21:43:18) qgil: again, some bord members were required to help on this,
>> to get high profiles from companies etc
>> (21:43:29) qgil: no concretion, will push
>

> Please do push. I've been floating keynote ideas, but haven't really
> gotten an idea whether people like the ideas or not.

Nor me, in general terms we lack feedback in guadec-planning where this
keynotes are proposed - because you can't awake expectations like "We
have invited Bono to talk about U2 using gnome-control-volume" if they
don't materialise.

I was thinking about the round tables Future of the Desktop (inviting as
well MS Windows Vista and Mac OS X people) and GNOME Big Deployments
(including China, Macedonia and big non-usual suspects). I also would
like to know whether it makes sense or is a stupidity to invite Linus
Torvads, after all.

We marketing people think of sessions interesting per se but also
sessions that will make people register and sponsors get a higher
involvement to-be-there.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org