Re: [guadec-list] web site: editing.

En/na Murray Cumming ha escrit:

> OK. I can't so:

Big mistery. If we had more editors/testers...  :roll:

Changes applied: http://beta.guadec.org/guadec2006

> OK. We probably want to keep the front page quite protected anyway. But
> you should document how you change it.

A possible Mediterranean style "patch" to this problem is to copy the
contents to a new book page, delete this one and them make the new one
to be in top of the home, as the current is. Hopefully any broken
permission will be fixed just by creating a new book page like the ones
you have been editing.

It is not very scientific but...

> I also notice that, when I am not logged in, I do not see "login" or
> "edit" links/buttons on most pages. I only see a "login" link on news
> items, so that I can add comments. But we need to encourage people to
> change the actual pages, like they can in the wiki.

Agreed. To be fixed with the definitive theme.

Also: "keynote" replaces "plenary session" now in
http://beta.guadec.org/schedule . I think there are not more "plenary
sessions" in the other pages, we can't perform searches because the PHP
version installed in the server breaks with UTF8 (bug reported to
sysadmins).

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org