Re: [guadec-list] Drupal test

En/na Fernando San Martín Woerner ha escrit:

> do we need users register at drupal site?

From their oint of view they would be registering to GUADEC, from our
point of view they would be registering also to a drupal site, putting
their data in a single database.

>, i don't think so, we can't
> get them in another simple list, so they fill their data, select a
> payment and finish, i wasn't thinking on verification mail, profiles and
> so, last GUADEC we have that and wasn't too good for users.

As you wish. I would ask for their emails, though.

I understand in the short term you option is easier to develop. I think
they will end up being in a CRM dabatase in the midterm (during 2006)
and we could sabe some steps now.

>>We could find a way to make the registration to the GUADEC site AND the
>>registration to the GUADEC conference a single step.
>

> yes but i guess that we need to hack drupal registration page.

We need to hack anyway, but I get your point.

> we can if we hack drupal, but by default i don't see how.

Combining the drupal registration process with the payment system we
choose integrated to drupal through the ecommerce module, I think.
Sounds long when you read it, but from the user point of vieew it can be
just the same as your form. The difference is the optimisation of data
we get.

I'm no PHP programmer (surely this is why I see things so easy to do)
;)  but my rationale is that your form and the Drupal registration +
profile have common variables, so why not reusing them in a clever way.

The day we want to implement a CRM (as it has been discussed in the
Marketing team and the gnome-web-list all this will be work done.

> i guess that most users don't want to get registered at the site, only
> at the conference.

I don't see why if this is giving them no extra worl. They register to a
conference, and this conference consist on an offline event + an online
meeting point. For instance, I guess registered users want to get news
and updates about the event. For his they need to supply an email
address. Name + email = drupal registration (ok, they can point to the
rss feed as well).

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org