Re: [guadec-list] Drupal test

El lun, 05-12-2005 a las 10:44 +0100, Quim Gil escribi� Ok, now we can get into technical details with this discussion.

> En/na Fernando San Mart�Woerner ha escrit:
> > I've attached an idea of what i'm proposing, i was done with drupal
> > WebForms module.
>
> The problem of using Webforms can be that we end up with two lists of
> users (registered to the site, registered to the conference) and their
> associated two different profiles.

do we need users register at drupal site?, i don't think so, we can't
get them in another simple list, so they fill their data, select a
payment and finish, i wasn't thinking on verification mail, profiles and
so, last GUADEC we have that and wasn't too good for users.

> We could find a way to make the registration to the GUADEC site AND the
> registration to the GUADEC conference a single step.

yes but i guess that we need to hack drupal registration page.

> People willing to register to the conference wouldn't need to register
> to the site before. They become registered users automatically, allowing
> us to manage their data in an integrated way, and letting us contact
> them easily using the Mail module.

we can if we hack drupal, but by default i don't see how.

> People willing to register to the site but not (yet) to the conference
> could do so. Then, if one day they want to register to the conference
> they are already identified and they just need to click on the desired
> type of registration.

i guess that most users don't want to get registered at the site, only
at the conference.

--
Fernando San Mart�Woerner <snmartin galilea cl>