Re: [guadec-list] IMPORTANT: GUADEC change of dates and location

"DANIELLLANO terra es" <DANIELLLANO terra es> a écrit :
Quim Gil wrote:
> Yesterday the GNOME Foundation board approved the guadec-planning
> proposal of changing dates and location of GUADEC7. The plan of going
> together with the IGC was more difficult as expected and we have found
> an alternative by mutual agreement.
>
> GUADEC7 will be held in the CampusMed from Vilanova i la Geltrú and the
> dates move to the end of June with the aim of being more suitable to
> students and other participants conditioned by the school/university
> calendar.
>
> The new planned dates are:
>
> - Sat 24/jun and Sun 25/jun: Local Workshops, GUADEC-ES and
GUADEC warmup
> - Mon 26/jun to Wed 28/jun GUADEC core
> - possibility of oth er related events until Sun 2/jul if needed
>
> Sorry for any inconvenience this change might has caused.

I think it's going to be a BIG inconvenience for lots of people, since
many people were hoping to go to Barcelona to see the city and spend some
time with other GNOME people seeing the city.

Isn't there any other possibility to stay in Barcelona?
Please, Could you do some more research? I'll help if I can.

Many people won't have any problem to pay more to stay in Barcelona
if they already have to fly there.

As an example, I've changed my mind from 100% sure to go to GUADEC7 to
"I'll have to think twice if I'm going".
Sadly I can only agree :-(

I personnaly see severals problems here :

* People have been sold Guadec 2006 in Barcelona in the Fira facilities in parallel with IGC, a way to reach a new public.
Less people are to be expected.

* Developers paid by their company to come won't mind the change
of course but casual developer and more general public willing to
assits might.

* Selling Vilanova instead of Barcelona to sponsors is going to be
harder.

* Selling Vilanova as Barcelona would be a lie. It is going to be as much Barcelona 2006 as Tarragona 2006.
(from my point of view :-)

* People willing to help organise might be more hesitant. As for
myself, I am willing to help but honestly it's a bit far and I don't know
if I will actually be helpful. I don't have much freetime and I don't have
car.  (Lo siento pero Ripollet <-> Vilanova es un palo)
That said I am sure people from there will be glad to help.

Can you give a sum up of the problem Gnome Foundation had with the IGC ? I am just subscribe to guadec-list ultimatly.

Anyway I'll try to come the 12 to see if I can be of any help :-)

--
Ludovic Danigo

Téléchargez le ici !