Re: Add Gtk::TextView to Gtk::Grid

You have declared the TextView  as a local variable in the constructor. It will be deleted when the constructor finishes. You must either declared it in your window class, like the buttons in

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtkmm-documentation/-/blob/master/examples/book/grid/examplewindow.h

or create it with Gtk::make_managed() in the constructor, like the button in

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtkmm-documentation/-/blob/master/examples/book/scrolledwindow/examplewindow.cc