Re: Please help

Hi aitor,

thank you so much for your examples!
I will definitely study them in depth as soon as I get
my current problem resolved of how to add a 'Mode' to
my menu having a separate Gtk::Builder (aka, how to
combine multiple Gtk::Builder objects into a single
menu). Or, alternatively, I could have just a single
Gtk::Builder object, but then I still need to be
able to somehow add a Gio::SimpleActionGroup to my
menu.

It seems that your approach is entirely different:
you have a MenuBar class that deals with everything
related to the menu. From an object oriented point
of view that makes a lot of sense. You're not using
Gtk::Builder at all, but - instead of using an xml
string - hardcode the menu into the constructor of
myMenuBar.

For some reason you're passing `*this` to every
sigc::mem_fun - aka *all* `on_menu_*` menu callbacks
are member functions of myMenuBar. I'd prefer it
if I could use callbacks that are member functions
of several different objects (namely those that
they operate on). I suppose I can do that by passing
a pointer to all those objects to the constructor
of myMenuBar. Currently you pass only a WindowMain*,
for the on_menu_mode_quit method.

Why are you using the construct of passing this WindowMain*
as an argument to myMenuBar::on_menu_mode_quit?
Wouldn't it be possible, and make more sense, to do:

    m_QuitItem->signal_activate().connect (
        sigc::mem_fun(*caller, &WindowMain::on_menu_mode_quit)
    );

?

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 20:56:15 +0200