Is it possible to force a tooltip to be shown.

Hi all,

I have a DrawingArea where I am plotting some data (lines made of pairs of time/temperature) . When I click on a line or close enough I want to show a tooltip indicating the line and the values. I can get the line id and the values and I am updating the contents of the tooltip and calling trigger_tooltip_query, but the tooltip is not shown until I move the mouse and wait for a little. Is there a way to force the tooltip to be shown?

If I remove the call to trigger_tooltip_query the behaviour is exactly the same: the tooltip is not shown if the mouse is not moved.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos.