Re: gtkmm 3.24 or new API in gtkmm 3.22?

On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 11:29 +0100, Daniel Boles wrote:
Sorry if it was already discussed -  I feel like it probably was, but
can't see it right now.

Even though GTK+ has no plans for versions > 3.22, couldn't gtkmm
branch and have an 'almost-stable' gtkmm-3-24, etc of its own for
changes that are fairly innocuous, but which you still don't want in
the 3-22 branch?

Let's keep that as a possibility, but I haven't seen a serious need for
it yet. But I could be persuaded by a list of API additions that we'd
like to make in 3.22 or 3.24. Otherwise it's just a hypothetical that
we don't need to worry about.

It could be a bit confusing in terms of numbering, but as long as
GTK+ keeps to its plan, never ambiguous with GTK+. Anyway, the
potential for ambiguity could be sidestepped by using a different
scheme, e.g. gtkmm-3-22-b, which would probably be sensible from the
outset.
[snip]

I think that would be even more confusing.