gtkmm 3.24 or new API in gtkmm 3.22?

On Mon, 2017-03-27 at 14:40 +0200, Kjell Ahlstedt wrote:
I leave that for Murray to decide. I guess that if there will ever be
a gtkmm 3.24 release, new API shall be added only there, and not in
gtkmm 3.22.

I still find this hard to decide. I am generally infuriated that GTK+
has added (and deprecated) API in a stable release cycle. I cannot
understand why on earth they didn't just branch for GTK+ 3.24. I don't
like breaking our promise, and confusing our API versions, just because
they did, but I guess we have to do something. At least, it's not very
much API, I suppose.

What would you (plural) prefer, out of:

1. We add (and deprecate) API in gtkmm 3.22.x.

2. We release gtkmm 3.24 with the added (and deprecated) API, though
there will (probably, but nobody really knows) be a GTK+ 3.24.